Have you ever wondered about the beautiful picturesque places you notice when you watch a movie and try to search that place to add it to your bucket list? And you wonder if these films were made in an exotic location and are out of your budget and that dream will be a dream for you. Even I felt the same way when I saw some of the Tamil films that I see and wonder where the places awaken in me as a traveler and experience beautiful and picturesque places.
From the many famous locations in and around the world, I have found that many Kollywood films (Tamil Movie Industry) were shot in regions in and around Chennai. However, I recently noticed in the film Kabali that they were filmed in the famous Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park in Chennai.
One of my favorite hotels in Chennai and I was part of this hotel for many campaigns. It was amazing to know that the places where I walked in the hotel were shown in many films.
When I searched I found that this hotel has been a favorite in the Kollywood industry for over a decade. Here are some of the films the hotel has shown.
- Kabali: The film was released in 2016 with superstar Rajinikanth & Radhika Apte and directed by PA Ranjith. The film became a super hit in every language in which it was dubbed. Parts of the film were shot in The Residency Restaurant.
- Thupparivaalan: The film, staged and produced by Vishal, was released in 2017. Portions of this film were shot in the lobby and presidential suite at Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park.
- 7 a.m. Arivu: The blockbuster film with Surya and Shruthi Hassan was released in 2011. In the film, the villain checks into the Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park and the shot shows the hotel's entrance and lobby.
- Singaravelan: With Kamala Hassan and Khushboo in the leading roles in the film, which was released in 1992, he follows Kamala Hassan on his journey to reunite his lost family. Parts of the film were shot in the famous Dakshin restaurant.
- Mounam Pesiyadhe: The blockbuster film with Surya and Trisha, released in 2002, has one of the most remarkable scenes filmed in the legendary cappuccino restaurant.
- Annamalai: The legendary film starring Rajinikanth and Khushboo was released in 1992. Portions of the song that spurred Rajinikanth's rise from poor to multi-millionaire were filmed in the lobby of the Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park.
- Kannum Kannum Kollaiyadithaal: The 2020 film with Dulquer Salmaan was shot at Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park, where the title track was shot at Gatsby 2000.
- Kavan: Vijay Sethupathi, T. R. Rajendran and Madonna Sebastian with the 2017 drama thriller were also shot at Gatsby 2000
- Soorarai Pottru: The highly anticipated film with Suriya and Aparna Balamurali was shot on the way to the famous Dakshin restaurant.
In addition to being seen in many films, some of the actors who have stayed here have praised their stay at Crowne Plaza. Kamal Hassan, one of the most respected actors in the film industry, said in a public interview that he likes to stay at Crowne Plaza since he was there for months when his home was being renovated.
As a big Kollywood film fan, I wasn't aware that most of these films were made at Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park. So it's time for me to revisit and watch these films, where I can find that the places I've visited, stayed, and eaten are some of the places shown in Superstar's films.
Add to bookmarks